POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Creative flub.. : Creative flub.. Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Creative flub..
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 31 Mar 2008 01:23:57
Message: <MPG.225a3139b1ec29f598a135@news.povray.org>
OK. I am all for IP. I am less for some moron telling me that I, or
someone else, can't alter it to make it work right. Mind you, his
mistake may have basically been suggesting donations, but the rest of
just 100% total and complete BS.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?
board.id=soundblaster&thread.id=116332&view=by_date_ascending&page=
1

Basically, one guy figured out that Creative Labs has been lying about
incompatibility between some cards and Vista, that they could fix it
over night, if they wanted to, and that they haven't even attempted to
put out drivers that work right for the latest cards, all with the
apparent purpose of forcing people to upgrade to the next card, which
*will* be full Vista supported. The guy that figured this out patched
the existing drivers so they do work, but since it still required
"their" unpatched, otherwise incompatible, and defective drivers, and
because he made the stupid mistake of giving people the option to donate
to him for his trouble, Creative deleted all forum threads and told him
to cease and desist. Pretty much *everyone* that was dumb enough to
install Vista, and has a Creative card, is.. less than amused. Can't say
I am either. I might have thought about getting a better card at some
point, if I wanted to push my gaming capabilities, but I am not sure at
this point that I would want one from the company that *used to be* the
best on the market (and if the damn things still had functional drivers
for them, might still be).

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {